Junior Web Developer Internship
*** NO AGENCIES
The Free Holdings group are looking for an entry level web developer to assist with the development of existing and yet to be released products. Managed by the Senior Web Developer, the ideal candidate will have just graduated from a relevant degree/course and be eager to put their skills to the test.
Working underneath the Senior Web Developer, you will be responsible for updating existing interfaces across a variety of platforms and technologies, with the opportunity to have input in all areas of the design process, including:
• updating site content, copy, images and basic styling
• testing existing and new web sites and apps
• problem solving and bettering existing processes
It is important that you are a team player as you’ll be working in a relaxed environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your coding capabilities, share new ideas, think outside the box and most importantly – enjoy what you do.
• are able to write good, clean, basic code
• are familiar with development techniques for mobile, tablet and other devices
• get a buzz out of making interfaces that are easy and enjoyable to use
• have a solid understanding of UI/UX design principles
• are addicted to learning new things and keeping your skills state-of-the-art
• aren’t afraid to take risks and make mistakes
• have experience programming in a group environment
For bonus points you…
• are comfortable editing and laying out server-side templates
• have dipped a toe in iOS app design/development
• have experience in backend development and database management
• have a blog and millions of people follow you on facetube
Contract: 4 Months
Location: Fulham, London
Remuneration: Travel & lunch*
* Travel expenses (up to £130.00 a month) to our office in Fulham SW6 and lunch are provided.