- Posted by:
- Aspire Foundation | Public profile »
- Central London
- Location details:
- Bethnal Green / Shoreditch
- Job Sector:
- Charity & Volunteering
- 1 - 4 Months
- Post date:
Aspire Foundation specialises in creating and supporting new businesses and social enterprises. We believe these are practical solutions for local authorities and housing associations in combating unemployment, social, economic and community issues.
Aspire Foundation is looking for a volunteer expert to help with research and support of day to day operations. We anticipate that the project will take six weeks. The volunteer intern will help research to help us build our consulting arm and help us develop partnerships with other organisations in East London and nationally. He or she will also support day-to-day operations.
Main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Detailed research of organisations and social enterprise in East London and nationally using a range of online resources and publications.
– Inputting accurate summaries into spreadsheets/ databases and ensuring information is kept up to date.
- Advice on programme design and development as well as wider consulting strategy.
To be a good Volunteer Research Intern, you must:
• have good interpersonal skills
• have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• be able to deal with various tasks at once
• have good organisational and administrative skills
• have excellent data processing and IT skills
• be numerate
• research design skills
• familiarity with social research techniques
• have strong attention to detail
• This would be a great opportunity for students in programs, such as MBAs, Marketing, Community Development, and Sociology.
• Interest in social enterprises and small businesses
• Enjoys researching and following up on data
• Easy and simple communicator with good negotiation and presentation skills
To apply, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please do not call the office.
Please refrain from applying if you do not meet the minimum criteria.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date 5 June 2012