Film Curiosity is a brand new online film magazine launching in February 2017. It publishes short films with articles about the filmmakers. There are in-depth interviews and reports on upcoming UK film events. Film Curiosity seeks to be the national magazine for Short Film in 2017.
In this role, you will be assisting the Editor in ensuring that every magazine issue is running on time and ready for publication. The Role is ideal for any graduate who is working a full-time job but would like to break into Online Publishing. It is especially ideal for any graduate with a passion for Cinema, Independent Cinema or Short Film.
The role includes:
- Tracking when writers are due to send in the finished articles
- Chasing writers close to deadline for any unsubmitted articles and reporting in to the Editor
- Proofreading the articles and giving them to the Editor for review
- Checking formatting and scheduling the reviewed articles into Wordpress for publication
This role is 3 hours per week working from home and pays £100 per month. You will need a computer and a home broadband connection. The hours you work will be up to you but they need to be spread evenly through the week so that progress with the magazine stays up-to-date.
- Evidence you can accurately time manage a project or bring things in on time
- Basic proofreading skills including good English spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Good written communication skills, especially in email
- Reliable independent worker with strong organisation skills
- Confidence managing yourself and your work flow
- Degree preferred
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Previous journalism, copywriting or publishing experience
- Strong experience creating Social Media content
- Passion for Independent Cinema and/or Short Film
As the magazine grows, this role has the potential to grow for the right candidate. It will cover managing all of the social media, screening material for inclusion in the magazine, planning the magazine content and assisting the Editor in growing the reach of the magazine.
This role is a UK-wide, Work from Home (Broadband required), Media Sector part-time job. If you would like to apply, please reply to this advert including a covering letter and your up-to-date CV. Due to the volume of applications, we will only be in contact if you are successfully selected for interview.
The deadline for applications is 5:00pm GMT Friday 27th January 2017.