This is a great opportunity for the intern to directly assist the owner of the company in the day to day running of the business. The company seeks a student, to join their small family company and to support them while they expand the business in the UK and Europe. The company is constantly seeking new European partners and they would like the intern to help research potential partners and help them with international communication and establishing new partnerships as well as helping to progress Au pair placements with their UK clients. Working with them will provide you a wide range of work experience and a chance to work alongside a sales and marketing professional and gain relevant knowledge and experience with this and also learn how to provide a top level of customer service.
During your work experience with us you will learn to deal with the following day to day tasks
• Check company emails and allocate to the right person to progress further, Add new Au pair records and files to the company database
• Answer the telephone and deal with customer queries
• Create invoices
• Assemble and post out welcome packs to au pairs and families
• Action the welcome call to all new au pairs to get feedback about their placement and to make sure they are happy
The company sources Au pairs from over 80 partner agencies throughout Europe and place them with our families throughout the UK
We are located in the village of Williton which is between the market town of Taunton and the seaside town of Minehead. Williton is a large village with banks, supermarkets and other amenities and has a good daytime bus service.
This is a tourist area and as well as running the au pair agency, the owners run a successful Country House Bed and Breakfast which has a trip advisor Certificate of Excellence
A training allowance of £600 per month will be provided to assist with accommodation and subsistence costs.
Previous interns have chosen to live in the large town of Taunton and travel to Williton daily – the bus journey does take 40 minutes. If the successful person wishes to do this then A2Z will pay the cost of the monthly bus ticket as part of the allowance.
The applicant must be applying for work experience as an intern in order to complete their University degree.
A good level of spoken and written English is required. There is a chance to use your language skills if you speak other European languages but this is not essential.
• Competent knowledge and use of all Microsoft Office programmes
• Knowledge of different types of data and picture files (jpg, doc, pdf, bmp) and the ability to amend them
• Good communication skills and experience of dealing with customers
• A good level of spoken and written English
• Working knowledge of Skype and FaceTime
• Knowledge of the sales and marketing process
• Previous use of MS Outlook for email and task management
• Good knowledge of Facebook and Twitter
• Any other European language knowledge (Spanish and French are preferred)
• Previous Au Pair experience in Europe or in USA