Location: Online - Greater London
Job Sector: Marketing / Advertising / Social Media
Period: 1 - 3 months
Description: We're a new startup and we're looking for volunteers who want to build portfolios and gain real experience in social media management. Please send your CV.
We're brand new, with lots of ambition to disrupt the PR industry.
If you join us, you will build your portfolio so you can show potential employers you're a go-getter who doesn't sit around doing anything, you look for opportunities to gain experience and explore your creativity and technical knowledge in social media management. You're proactive in building your future career - and you can build your portfolio while still working (if you're doing a job you don't really like but it's paying the bills).
We're looking for students/graduates who’d like to build their portfolio and showcase their social media management skills while finishing university, or for graduates looking for a job in the industry who want to have an opportunity to build their portfolio. This is a volunteer opportunity for 3 months.
Social Media Management Intern: will possess knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media sites. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to website redesign projects, monitoring and posting on blogs and social networks, engaging in online forums, participating in online outreach and promotion, optimising our website and conducting keyword analysis. Those looking to gain valuable online media experience with an established organisation are encouraged to apply.
- Work with the on-site Social Media Manager to create and implement campaigns
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis ;
- Monitor analytics with social media team to identify viable ideas
- Create an engaging blog and social media content
- Assist in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts
- Provide support to our marketing team at live and online events
These are voluntary roles that can be done alongside other work/studies and can be done from home. Full online training and video calls will be done to train you and help you accomplish results.
You don't need to have any work experience to volunteer but the following should apply to you:
- English is your first language;
- your writing is second to none - your grammar and writing skills are 5-star quality!
- you are available, committed and dedicated to complete the 3-month volunteering;
- you are a graduate (or studying as an undergraduate) in PR, Social Media, Marketing or any other discipline that has helped you gain social media skills;
- you are dedicated to learning, punctual, committed, responsible, friendly and confident;
- 3 months (minimum commitment - the number of hours is up to you (as long as you help achieve the goals of the project);