Interview scheduling might not even be the most challenging component of the employment process. However, putting in the time and energy to streamline your process will yield returns in the form of reduced workload and happier applicants. We will help you on how to invite the candidates for interview, that can get you the best hiring results.
Once the candidates are shortlisted for further round of interviews, they are supposed to be contacted via phone or email. Recruiters must notify them about the feedback and the details for the next rounds. Scheduling interviews may not be the easiest part but once you have a streamlined process, it would save you a lot of time and efforts.
Here are a few tips that would give you an idea about inviting candidates for interview:
1. Via Phone: In the first step, candidates are contacted via phone calls to give the feedback about their selection for the next round of interview and to ascertain their availability for the same.
Calling gives a personal touch, as the recruiter himself calls them for the same, but it’s very much possible that the candidates may forget the info provided to them and get confused. It also happens that candidates feel uncomfortable in taking interview calls when at office, or during their classes.
To avoid such issues recruiters should take help of emails. Emailing candidates is a better way to inform about their selection and interview. After the call, it's wise to send an additional email mentioning the appropriate details for next round of interview. To be super sure that they do not face any spam email issues, you can call them again confirming the same, or text them about it.
2. Via Email: As mentioned above, emails are a better way to communicate for interview related particulars once a candidate is shortlisted. The email to be sent to candidates must include:
• Time, Date and Day of Interview: Time slots can be mentioned for their convenience in alignment with the Interviewer’s schedule
• Mode of Interview: Telephonic Interview, Group Interview, Video Call or In-Person Interview
• The position for which interview is conducted: A brief about the job description
• Company details: Consisting of Name, Phone Number, Address (Add Directions/Link to map in case of personal interview)
• Details of Interview Panel: This will include Name and Designation of Hiring Managers in case the candidates may have their own set of queries
• What to carry: Inform if they have to bring their complete portfolio or hard copy of CV, and reference details, their identity documents.
• Interview Duration: Candidates must be informed of this since they may be appearing for the interview during or before their college break/hours.
To have a sound inviting process create email templates that the recruiters can send for any type of scheduled interviews. An example is given below to help you get an idea:
Subject Line: Invite for Interview at ABC Ltd
Content: Dear Mr. John,
Thank you for applying for the position of Sr. Content Writer at ABC Ltd.
We found your profile matching with our designed skill set, and we would like to invite you for the second round of Interview on (day, date).
This would be a Skype Call, and would be taken by our Creative Director Mr. Andrew, along with the Content Manager. The interview will take around 45 minutes wherein you will have ample chance to ask away your queries as well.
With the interview date mentioned above we would prefer to have it on any of the below timings. Please revert with the one you would prefer.
• Monday, 10th April 2020 @4.00 p.m.
• Monday, 10th April 2020 @5.00 p.m.
• Monday, 10th April 2020 @6.00 p.m.
If you can not be available on the mentioned date and time, please let me know.
The Skype id for you to connect with is: Andrewp89
Looking forward to your response. Feel free to reach out to us at 123456789 or revert to this email in case of any queries related.
Have a great day ahead!
Once you have emailed the candidates, you can prepare the hiring panel for creating their questions or content for discussion with the candidate. With a proper process, hiring good candidates become much easier.
If you feel there is more to add here, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plan to make your workplace more interesting? One of the effective methods to do this could be to have a plan for hiring people from other countries. It's usually not as easy to take this route as it is to hire...
Interns were once seen as nothing more than a source of free or low-cost labour. The modern business world recognises the value of not only full-time workers, but also contract workers. Interns are more than ju...
The process of hiring people also changes and develops as the world does. Using the same procedures and strategies from even the past decade is unacceptable. If the job market is shifting, then so too should yo...
Finding the top applicants will be much simpler if you have a decent screening procedure (competent HR staff and a solid screening strategy). Candidate screening that works well saves time and increases the lik...
The impacts of Generation Z's impending entrance into the workforce, consumer markets, technology, politics, and culture will be felt immediately and profoundly. This generation views work and achievement in li...