Students and recent grads can gain a great deal from internship opportunities. Internships help students hone their abilities in areas like leadership and teamwork that will prove invaluable later on. There are numerous upsides for businesses who take advantage of interns. Here are reasons for a business to hire interns.
Are you aware that more than 25% of the permanent employees in any organisation constitute of Interns? Interns may be having less or no experience on professional front but as they join in, they provide a different perspective regarding everything going on in the company at the moment. Your business will profit from an Internship Program that is well structured, and includes imparting proper training to the new comers.
Introducing a worthwhile Internship Program will attract more and better graduates. Also, if you are looking to get more work done with less employees, especially with a tight budget, it’s time to hire interns. To do that systematically, don’t forget to switch to Internwise.com that is an amazing online job board platform specifically designed and developed for intern recruitment.
Let’s take a look below at the benefits of hiring interns:
1. Fresh Talent: Age-old hiring methods can stay effective only for so long. By introducing internships for candidates just out of college, you will find so much talent out there willing to work for you. Most of the paid interns, when trained and evaluated properly, are usually absorbed in the companies. That is because they grasp the business functions quickly. They also have new ideas to put on the table and are easily moulded into the company culture, which is a huge plus for any firm.
2. Tech-Savvy: The new generation seems to be better acquainted with the latest technology in the market, and hence is more socially active too. Not just the technical knowledge, they have hands on experience with regards to social media and its magic. You can use this talent and involve them in your Social Media Management teams wherein they can put forth their comments about your business and its culture, thereby growing your online presence. They are also aware of various tools that can help run your business in a smoother manner. So why not hire such talent?
3. Helping Hands: There are instances when work is too much but the workforce is simply not adequate. In such scenarios of work overload, you should bring in interns who are willing to work on projects that require minimal guidance, but provide great learning. This would take off the pressure from rest of the workforce and they can focus more on the important tasks at hand, also ensuring that the smaller tasks are also getting done on the side.
4. Cost Effective: Whether you accept or not, internships cost very less than full time jobs. Furthermore, they can be in paid form as well as unpaid form. A lot of companies do not pay their interns, but they take care that the intern is getting the necessary training or even a complete learning experience while at the job. Appointing a manager over them is equally important as they are not permanent employees and will still need supervision. Paid internships are quite common as they attract the better lot, and those candidates are more likely to become full time reliable resources.
5. High Energy, Better Productivity: Candidates fresh out of the university are full of energy. They want to learn the real thing, they grasp better and quick, and most importantly, they want to get into the full-time role while working for the company. They have the enthusiasm to give their best into the job and this fervor also affects rest of the team in a positive manner. This in turn results in an increased productivity all over, happier team, better job satisfaction and lesser to nil attrition.
So hiring interns is the need of the hour for companies of any size and structure, because they need people to execute things well, and because not every experienced candidate is always worth it.
Do you feel your company would benefit if you hire interns? Talk to your HR today itself, and get an idea if they would like to implement an Internship Program and get ahead with better hiring practices.
The goal of an employee-focused workplace is to foster an atmosphere where employees feel comfortable sharing their thoughts and ideas with one another and generating new solutions to problems. Companies are ru...
Internships are no longer just about doing menial tasks. With the right program, you can help young people develop their skills and set the stage for getting smart young people to work for your company.
Internship projects can help interns improve their communication and organisational skills and give them work experience that they can use in future jobs. Employers might give interns responsibilities that bene...
Digital recruitment is the process of finding, attracting, evaluating, and hiring candidates utilising the internet and modern technology.
It's not enough to just post job openings on social media
It uses a ...
The process of hiring smart and talented people is tricky, but webinars and other tools that are easy to use, accessible, and effective take the trade to the next level. It's hard and expensive to find and hire...