Location: London (Kensington and Chelsea) - Central London
Job Sector: Travel & Leisure, Hospitality / Catering, Administration & PA
Period: 4 - 6 months
Remote Internship: Yes
Languages: English (Default)
Description: As a Main Receptionist you'll learn e.g.: processing bookings, checking guests in/out, taking payments, dealing with guest queries etc
After your training and once you start working as a main receptionist we pay £350 per month after your training.
For the Main Receptionist role, after the first 2-3 weeks of training you would start on a receptionist role working on a 2 week repeating rota as follows:
3 x shifts as the main receptionist 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am
2 x Shifts as a support receptionist, 8am - 3pm or 3pm-10pm
4 x shifts as the main receptionist 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am
1 x Shifts as a support receptionist, 8am - 3pm or 3pm-10pm
So each week you would do 5 shifts in total and have 2 days off. That cycle would then repeat itself every 2 weeks.
Your duties as a Main Receptionist would include:
- Greeting guests and dealing with their queries
- Checking in guests
- Taking payments
- processing bookings
- actively managing prices as demand changes intra-day
- banking days takings
- providing management with timely feedback
- making recommendations for hostel and reception improvement
- working with colleagues to ensure rooms are correctly prioritised for cleaning staff
- Checking and correcting any room/bed availability errors
We pay £350 per month plus we provide accommodation in a staff dorm, use of laundry facilities (to wash and dry your clothes and bed linen), free breakfast and free dinner (which you'd help cook once per week!) and of course wifi. There is also free food available at any time to e.g. cook lunch/snacks. This includes basic food stuffs such as bread, milk, pasta, rice etc.
The minimum employment period is 3 months but you can stay up to one year.
You must be:
(1) fully fluent in English and
(2) be a “people person” i.e. comfortable dealing with people and capable of making our guests comfortable and happy too.
All applicants MUST be undertaking a higher education course and before the course ends they must be required, as part of that course, to attend a period of work experience not exceeding one year.
Please email your CV and covering letter.