Period: 1 - 3 months
Description: ** UPDATE: We've received a truly overwhelming number of applicants and completed hiring! And so the only availability we have is for work experience candidates, with some expenses covered **
While you're awaiting interview, please:
(1) Take a look at our YouTube channel below, subscribe and be prepared to discuss your thoughts and suggestions on improving the content and presentation.
(2) Be prepared to discuss your interests in Tech and/or your experience in Media, and what attracted you to this role.
(3) Please observe the strict timing of our interview slots. We'd love to get through as many of you as possible!
Calling all recent graduates, tech enthusiasts and budding entrepreneurs!
Startup Recon is a fledgling YouTube channel (LINK below) focused on creating a video database of interviews with tech startup founders, CEOs, angel investors, venture capitalists, advisors, and other members of the global startup ecosystem.
Our video database is completely free for anyone to consume and enjoy the content as a service to the ecosystem.
For the avoidance of doubt, this is NO LONGER a PAID role; we are looking for volunteers who would like to assist us to gain media exposure and get under the hood of running a social media-based platform. We are looking to professionalise and formalise our growing media content by hiring a group of VOLUNTEER interns to do the following >>
* Research and approach startup founders for interview;
* Host vetting video calls with founders to understand their companies;
* Record formal interviews and post them into public channels, primarily out YouTube channel;
* Maintain our social channels.
* Ad-hoc admin tasks to help the management team run the company.
* Remote working and flexibility on timing;
* Soft target driven - you get what you put in;
* No fixed timing but applicants should aim for three month minimum commitment;
* Work with and learn from experienced professionals in marketing, technology, investment banking and finance.
Here is our YouTube channel - its improving quickly and content is growing as fast as we can post it, so check back frequently for updates.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
* Is comfortable working as a part-time volunteer for a period of WEEKS to gain some experience in media
* Confident, enthusiastic, loves tech and isn't afraid of showing their face on social media to present for our channel;
* No formal tech qualifications are needed but a working understanding of how startups are formed, raise money and exit would be useful!
* No formal media qualifications or experience (video production, editing or presenting) is needed either, so don't be afraid to apply.